so these past 2 weeks have been really full for me. I went to a church leadership conference, THRIVE, in California... and this past week to Atlanta @ the Orange Conference (for family ministry)... so many inspiring and challenging speakers, with such practical break out seminar information. I am so excited about all i have learned over the past 2 weeks, but still have my brain a little on overload trying to process so much information at one time. I feel so refreshed, at peace and passionate about where the Lord is leading. He has much in store and I am so blessed for Him even using me to carry out His purposes.
My heart has been overwhelmed with the love of Jesus and getting back to the basics of His Truth and Grace... overcoming obstacles of finding the balance between striving to be so culturally relevant as a ministry yet not losing or watering down the Gospel message. for it alone is powerful to change hearts. May we recognize the need to reach those around us, and our only aim of a "production" standpoint be only to lead people into the presence of God with as few distractions as possible. please hear me, i am crazy in love with all the rockin' worship music, lighting, screens, etc... that of the contemporary church. but may we always be mindful of our real purpose: to glorify Him in all we do.
I see this next generation ready to make a change. I am blessed to be a part of influencing that, coming alongside and doing life together with these children and families as we grow up to love Jesus. A group of people that is ready to BE THE CHURCH... living a life of authenticity and passion for His name!



No comments:
Post a Comment