Monday, November 17, 2008

Changing of Seasons

"He changes times and seasons...He gives wisdom & knowledge to the discerning." Daniel 2:21

The "big announcement" was made this past sunday: After 3 years of serving as Children's Minister at Christ Community, I will be transitioning to a new job first of the year.  I've been wanting to post an update sharing a little more of my heart on all of this sooner, but here it is ;)...
The Lord opened the door for this new job and through much prayer and seeking wise counsel, I have felt His peace with each next step.
The Lord has been preparing me, in some ways without me even realizing it. I am  humbled and count it such an honor to have served our church through this position.  My heart and passion to see these children grow up to love Jesus remains the same. While there has been a restlessness in me with the desire of wanting to one day use my Business degree, I've been resting in doing (with great joy) what God has given and called me to until He provided in His timing.
My new job is here in Montgomery, allowing a huge blessing for making a smooth transition. Christ Community remains my church home and I will continue to volunteer and serve in Children's Ministry, but on a different level. The kids and families here mean the world to me and I desire the very best for them and our church. Moving forward in accomplishing His purposes and a continued growing ministry will be the result of us seeking the Father together as to who He has next for this position, all while trusting in His faithfulness to take care of HIS Church. This is an excellent opportunity for our faith family to BE the Body of Christ. I ask for your prayers for Christ Community leadership; that they would have wisdom and clarity for the best fit, that the transition period is smooth as we move forward, and for me as I take this next big step in my life.
May we pursue and press on with great Joy for His plans are perfect and without fail.



1 comment:

  1. Rach! I am so proud of your obedience to the Lord during this time in your life! He is so faithful and I know CCC will find the perfect fit as you transisition into your new job.(Of course those are BIG shoes to fill!) =) I am so excited for this opportunity for you but more importantly, I am so proud to have a great sister like you to look up to! I love you

    ReplyDelete